Narthex Iconography Dedications Campaign
Dear St. John’s Family,
- On the Western Wall: Creation of Man and the Expulsion from paradise (it all begins here)
- On the ceiling we will includes scenes from the lives of Moses and Abraham as well as couple of themes that prefigure the Resurrection of Christ
- Moses and the Burning Bush
- Moses parting the Red Sea
- Moses and the Tablets of the Law
- The Hospitality of Abraham at the Oak in Mamvri (also symbol of Holy Trinity in the Iconography)
- The Sacrifice of Isaac
- The Three Youths in the furnace
- Jonah in the belly of the great fish
- A cross design centered on the Chandelier
- On the Eastern Wall me, the wall of transition towards the nave (New Testament) will have the Holy Mandylion carried by the two angels. The windows do not allow us to do more iconography on this wall.
Vladimir Grygorenko, who also realized the rest of the iconography in our Altar area and Iconostasis.
Questions and answers:
Can I only dedicate an entire iconographic scene?We encourage people to dedicate an entire iconography scene but one can make a general contribution as well. Every dollar counts, thank you!
How do I pay?
Although cash/check/credit card donations are encouraged, we can also accommodate other payment modalities like stock transfers in our church’s brokerage account. See Lawrence Leeders for details.
When do I have to decide?
We encourage people to decide fast in order to ensure that they will be able to dedicate the icon they wish before someone else commissions it.