New Church Timeline
- Our Church is almost ready! Great Opening of the Doors July 14 2012
February 24, 2011
- Our Church construction activities could not escape the harsh winter weather in February as we lost approximately 1-1/2 weeks of schedule due to the snow and ice. However, Asthon Wynne got back on track to complete all pier drilling, finish out the retaining wall along the creek and install all of the underground utilities. Forming for the foundation concrete work is in its last stages to complete, and as soon as we receive a mechanical buy-off from the City of Euless Engineering department for the undergrounding plumbing lines we will be able to pour the foundation.
- Site work of the New Church is under way
September 11-1, 2010
- Metroplitan Isaiah's Visit to our parish for the dedication of our Phase I building and Groundbreaking for the New Church
September 2, 2010
- Phase I construction underway, outside brick done, working on interior
- Foundation of the Phase I building to be poured August 6th followed shortly by framing
- Construction of the Phase I building has started with the addition of a new fireline on the property and the excavation of foundation
- Euless City Council unanimously approved St. John's plans for the New Church and Phase I addition.
- Final design of the Church complete
March 6, 2009
- Signing of the final approved version of the AGREEMENT BETWEEN OWNER AND PROJECT MANAGER between St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church (OWNER) and Ashton Wynne LLC (PROJECT MANAGER) for the St. John the Baptist Church Building Project and Site Development Project
February 15th, 2009
- The General Assembly votes to move ahead and allocate $136,000 from the existing building fund for the final design of the New Church (based on the schematic design developed by presvytera Mirela Tudora), pending approval of contract and schematic design by the Parish Council and the Holy Metropolis of Denver
- The two newly formed committees are organized and held several meetings (click here for details)
- Planning Committee disolves and 2 new committees are formed: the Building Committee, chaired by Mr. Joe Sullivan and the Capital Campaign Committee chaired by Mr George Vittas
June 15th, 2008:
- Planning Committee Reports to the General Assembly
- General assembly votes to design and build a new Church on-site in the traditional Byzantine-style architecture and renovate the existing Church Hall for new classrooms and offices.
- General Assembly tasks the Planning Committee to investigate the costs associated with building a new Church / renovate facility on the existing property and report back within 90 days of General Assembly meeting.